2007-04-27

Ironically, demands of mothering INCREASE productivity!

I have returned to work. Small Child is now 3 months and ten days old, and I have been back at my desk for a few weeks now, having discovered yet another amazing talent Small Child possesses: she is about A THOUSAND ZILLION times more effective at rousing me from my warm bed than an alarm clock.

So for the last few weeks, I've been getting up to feed her around 4:30 am AND THEN GOING UPSTAIRS to the kitchen table to write until she wakes up for the day around 7:45. It's been an amazingly productive period, since none of the demands of Small Child, Husband, nor Things That Have to Happen Between 9 and 5 can claim me. In the last three weeks since I started doing this, I've made notes on my long story, "James Dean My Love My Copyboy"; read the first draft of my novel; and drafted the 30+ page notes memo for the novel, too.

I've loved working in the wee hours -- I've loved working! But a troubling thing has happened in the last couple of days ... Small Child has slept until 6. Which cuts my work time down by several hours, as that means I'm only alone at the kitchen table for about an hour before the household stirs around me ... Small Child is, of course, a rockstar for sleeping so well, and this of course makes me the one and only Mama on the planet who wishes her daughter would sleep LESS so Mama could be awake and working MORE ...

2 comments:

William said...

Wow, up at 430am. I am impressed. Good on you Skatey. Dad

mjshdiif said...

“They’re dope,” oral Mr. Miller. He worksbeats by dre UK at a Web site about the rap industry, RapRadar.com, and verbal he loved the striking quality but seemed less lured with faultless the Beats pizazz — step out the sight of men wearing Beats around their necks at clubs or tide driving.

Earphones. You may sneer at Monster Beats Studio actual involvement in the run on Beats By Dr Dre, but the do result was some nice sweet headphones,Beats By Dr Dre, which is all that matters. Not elation to annihilate thereDr Dre Beats HeartBeats By Lady Gaga In-Ear Headphones, barn door is now bringing individual musicians into the “Beats” community. doll by Vivienne Tam High stunt Headphones $22980 $13900 Save: 40% exterminate 100 ?dr dre beats gaudy Beats? Solo?

“We can’t be late to the phone like we were online,”Dr Dre Beats Ibeats In-Ear Headphones Mr. Iovine says. “Remember, Napster was out of business for three age before our bebop became available legally on iTunes. That’s a disaster.”Dr. Dre, however, is here on business.